Thursday, May 1, 2008

How I view myself

"The American Boot Camp Company boot camp program has changed my perspective on myself. I was always an athlete in high school, but pretty much gave up fitness in college. I always figured that, as you grow up, you lose that part of yourself...the ability to push yourself that hard and accomplish so much physically. I have always belonged to a gym and have regularly exercised. I was introduced to The American Boot Camp Company Studio in the Fall of last year. I took a core class and came home feeling weak, out of shape and a bit discouraged.

I went back and joined the Studio the next day and soon inquired about Boot Camp. I figured it would be hard, but the only thing I really worried about was getting up at 5:30am. It is now 5 months of Boot Camp later and I feel like a different person! I haven't been that strict with my diet, but I have stuck with the work outs and I am so much stronger. My mile time has dropped almost 2 full minutes and I can feel the strength in my legs as I run!

Today, I feel like a strong woman and I am officially addicted to Boot Camp! The one workout that I always talk to my friends about is the long run. I had never run that far in my life the first time we did it I was so proud! Now I enter into the local 5K races (I did one last year and walked the entire thing because I thought there was no way I could run that far!) and I am even doing a 10K this year! I still never run that far unless I am at Boot Camp.

Almost all of the instructors have made an impact on my experience. However, during my first month (when I was exhausted and intimidated) I was running behind Debbie during the long run. I told myself to just keep up with her and try not to think about how difficult it was for me. Afterwards, I told her that she was my goal during the entire run. I could tell what I had said made her feel really good about herself. At that moment, I realized that the instructors weren't just crazy people that enjoyed being up at 6:00am running backwards up hills. After that, I lightened up and really started to enjoy Boot Camp and the instructors. I have loved getting to know Debbie better and all of the instructors at camp!"

- Angie, Blackburn Park Boot Camp

No comments: