Thursday, May 1, 2008

I wanted to get back in shape and needed to be motivated

"I wanted something that I knew was going to get me back in shape. I just needed something that would make me motivated and knew that if I paid 350.00, that I would do it. The first day that I got there and ran the mile, my time was 12:45 and I thought that I was going to die. This made me realize what TERRIBLE shape that I was in because I used to run a lot, but just hadn't in a long time. The second time that I ran it, my time was 10:45, the third was 10:02 and the fourth was 9:20. When I crossed that finish line at 9:20, I screamed woo-hoo!!!! I could not believe what an improvement I had made.

This has been a life changing experience for me. I thought that I would do Boot Camp for that one month and be done with it, but now I continue to do it because it is so wonderful. I was thinking the other day, that not only do I love this, but I feel like we are somewhat of a little family....we are all there same time everyday with the same instructors, pulling for one another to push ourselves harder and harder! It has been an amazing experience and one that I will never forget. Now, my next goal is a 9:00 minute mile!!! Hoooay!!!"

I would say one of the workouts that stood out the most in my mind was the one where we were on the lower field (baseball) and we ran circles. Mari would blow the whistle once and we would jog, then when she blew it twice we would sprint, then when she blew it again we would do either push ups, sit ups, or an ab bridge. I thought that I was going to die at the end, but loved it after-wards!"
- Kim, Blackburn Park Boot Camp

No comments: